Mystery Readers International is the largest mystery fan/reader organization in the world, is open to all readers, fans, critics, editors, publishers, and writers. Started by Janet A. Rudolph in Berkeley, California, it now has members in all 50 of the United States and 18 foreign countries. Members vote each year to nominate and select the winners of the Macavity Award—the 2022 winners have been announced! Join MRI today!
Mystery Readers Journal is a quarterly thematic mystery Journal. Each issue contains articles, reviews, and author essays on a specific theme, as well as special columns and other mystery related material. Journals run an average of 80 pages. Subscribe.
Current Issue: Mysteries Set in Africa is available in hardcopy or as a downloadable PDF.
Recent Issues: Legal Mysteries (Winter 2022); Art Mysteries (Fall 2022); New England Mysteries II (Summer 2022); New England Mysteries I (Spring 2022).
Coming Up: Hobbies & Crafts; Animals in Mysteries; Southern California. Submit an article!
- SISTER BONIFACE, Season 2
- The Great Detective: Ten Ways Holmes Influenced the Mystery Genre: Guest Post by Amber M. Royer
- Cartoon of the Day: Cats
- THE NIGHT AGENT: Netflix TV series
- K.C. Constantine: R.I.P.
- RITA LAKIN: R.I.P.
- And They Say Crime Doesn’t Pay? Guest Post by Stefán Máni
- ENDEAVOR: FINAL SEASON: PBS Masterpiece
DYING FOR CHOCOLATE
- BLACK FOREST MUG CAKE: National Black Forest Cake Day
- BLACK FOREST PIE: Retro Ad & Recipe for Black Forest Cake Day!
- CHOCOLATE WHISKY FUDGE: World Whisky Day!
- CHOCOLATE NOUGAT CAKE: Retro Recipe for National Nougat Day!
- Cartoon of the Day: Waffling
- CHOCOLATE WAFFLES: National Waffle Day
- OATMEAL CHOCOLATE COVERED RAISIN COOKIES: Chocolate Covered Raisin Day!
- CHOCOLATE TAMALES: National Tamales Day!