Mystery Readers International is the largest mystery fan/reader organization in the world, is open to all readers, fans, critics, editors, publishers, and writers. Started by Janet A. Rudolph in Berkeley, California, it now has members in all 50 of the United States and 18 foreign countries. Members vote each year to nominate and select the winners of the Macavity Award—the 2022 winners have been announced! Join MRI today!
Mystery Readers Journal is a quarterly thematic mystery Journal. Each issue contains articles, reviews, and author essays on a specific theme, as well as special columns and other mystery related material. Journals run an average of 80 pages. Subscribe.
Current Issue: Mysteries Set in Africa is available in hardcopy or as a downloadable PDF.
Recent Issues: Legal Mysteries (Winter 2022); Art Mysteries (Fall 2022); New England Mysteries II (Summer 2022); New England Mysteries I (Spring 2022).
Coming Up: Hobbies & Crafts; Animals in Mysteries; Southern California. Submit an article!
- STRAND MAGAZINE CRITICS AWARDS NOMINEES
- GOLDSBORO BOOKS GLASS BELL LONGLIST
- Cartoon of the Day: The Engagement
- PERRY MASON: HBO TV series cancelled
- A Peek Behind the Curtain: Into the (World) of Woods – Guest Post by Brett Battles
- Bletchley Park New State-of-the-Art Learning Centre opens on D-Day Anniversary
- THE MARLOW MURDER CLUB: Mystery TV on Masterpiece PBS
- Partners in Crime: Guest Post by Rhys Bowen and Clare Broyles On Collaborating in Writing the Molly Murphy Series
DYING FOR CHOCOLATE
- THURSDAY CHOCOLATE TIP: How to Bake with Cocoa
- MAGIC CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM: Retro Ad from Elsie the Cow for National Chocolate Ice Cream Day!
- CHOCOLATE CHERRY CRUMBLE: Fresh Cherries!
- CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD TRUFFLES: 3 Recipes for National Gingerbread Day!
- CHEESE & CHOCOLATE PAIRINGS & RECIPE FOR CREAM CHEESE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES: National Cheese Day!
- CHOCOLATE EGG CREAM: National Egg Day
- ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM PIE: National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day!
- CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES: Hershey's Retro Easy-Does-It-Recipe